This year has brought a lot of adventure and new opportunities. So now, it's time for a quick look back over the past 12 months. I always write and reflect, right around this time of year, Thanksgiving time on the horizon, yet right before the big/huge holiday boom. One reason that I love doing this, is to measure my growth as and artist, and secondly to prove that in a year's time a lot can be accomplished. As small business owners, it's important to remember that. We often set goals and (hopefully) focus on the metrics and milestones that we are going for. Whether you set weekly, monthly goals, or annual goals. I would like to hear how more about how you do it!
As I mentioned before, you really can accomplish a lot one year. I am so grateful for all the new opportunities that keep coming my way. I truly believe that gratitude is the quickest way to magnetize all that you want to you, and keep it showing up! I hope this recap will inspire you with your creative business goals to focus on gratitude and see what shows up for you.
I am so proud to share that brand collaborations reached new heights this year!
1. Our custom indigo t-shirt workshop at Vince
2. Indigo and Aromatherapy custom eye-pillows at Jenni Kayne in Brentwood
3. Our custom indigo textiles workshop at Herman Miller for the team of architects and designers
4. Offering a Bandhani workshop in collaboration with a textile school, Somaiya Kala Vidya featuring artisans from the Kutch region of Gujarat, India
5. Expansion of my private workshop offerings in our Miracle Mile, dye garden. This included teaching textiles to guests from all over the region.
6. Hosted a batik workshop instructed by artist, Lindsey Fouts of Last Chance Textiles
7. Botanical dye workshops: collaborations with aromatherapist Flin Grant of Art of Essentials and another Natural Dye and Embroidery class with fiber artist, Lori Zimmerman.
8. Hosted my first sample sale on Instagram
9. The launched my first linen kimono style jackets. Using hand dyed-linen and batik collars.
and for #10, I will share a personal accomplishment. I know I mentioned last year, how much my mindfulness practice was helping to guide me in my business as an independent artist. This year, I expanded that practice through formal yoga training. I am now a certified 200 hour to yoga teacher working on my 500 hour certification with Yogaworks! I'm not sure exactly how I will weave it all in, but I am excited to see how 2020 unfolds.
I would love to see you all just before the holidays as I am showing at 2 fantastic events this year. One is the Modern Artisan Market at Platform in Culver City see details below! The other is a curated Holiday gift event in Pasadena, please RSVP for all the details.
Last but not least, if by some chance you are up in Seattle as I know some of you natural dye lovers are, then please join me at Renegade, Seattle at Magnusson Park on December 14th & 15th.
To see my Top 10 List from last year, please check it out, as it's fun to see where I was at this time last year. If you have not taken a creative workshop with me, then please plan on attending one in 2020. Our Winter/Spring 2020 workshop schedule is coming out soon! If this post inspired you some way please comment below with your current goal or achievement. Don't be afraid to grab note pad and start jotting down your goals for 2020.
HI, I'M HILARY.
This is where I share inspiration for a hand-crafted lifestyle from natural dye methods, textile surface techniques, and the best of contemporary California design. I love dreaming up products for a sustainable art filled home. I offer workshops to inspire you to live your best life by connecting you to your creativity and others. I hope to meet you in person at one of my current craft workshops for creatives like you! Join my tribe to receive your first free video on Shibori folding with me.
All layouts on this blog are created solely for, A Day in the Life. I enjoy sharing information and love when others enjoy my ideas enough to post the links on their own sites. I simply ask that you credit photos and link back to all original posts.
Any comments that are inappropriate or spam will be deleted. All other rights reserved.